Thursday, March 10, 2011

Esthetician as a career, Skin Care, Schooling and more?

I've been looking into alot of schools about becoming an Esthetician. Both are around 10k and said included in the tution is the books, kits, and uniforms. Now in my opinion 10k sounds a bit pircey for something i'm not 100% sure of I want to do I'm very intrested in learning about the skin and its features and helping people. I once suffered from acne, blemishes, and have learned alot by myself with hair and make up, I know alot more than others going to school or some that have graduated believe it or not. But heres the deal, I've been thinking what else I could do besides going to a 7 month course at a school i'm not 100 percent sure about. I've always been very iffy about going to career schools. I've been enrolled at a university but have take a year off for medical reasons, now I want to go back to school but with recent budget cuts its been a little hard to go back to that specific school because I have to pay out of pocket now. I've had a change of heart about my major and I want to help people.I've done makeup on others and they've felt so great about themselves that they started crying and it made me cry. I want to help someone in terms of making them feel better about themselves but I also want to educate myself as much as I can so I was thinking in terms of going to school for my AA or BA to help myself secure myself for a better future but I was wondering besides becoming a makeup artist, or a skin spa what other things are there to do with the skin and what careers or majors could I emphases in to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment